Reporting to the local Head of Engineering , the Cryptography Engineer selects, defines, develops and delivers cryptographic solutions within our globally distributed Engineering team, collaborating on cryptography across the whole development process, from Product to Operations.
Primary focus on Financial Services Post Trade but other functional domains are being investigated.
- Roll up your sleeves, put on your thinking cap, and deliver a unique Distributed Ledger platform with world class cryptographic properties.
- Help develop secure multi-party computation (e.g. using zero-knowledge proofs)
- Be hands-on, analyse, develop, guide, review cryptographical work, with the teams.
- Maintain, groom and communicate our cryptographical roadmap.
- Help maintain, groom and communicate the cryptographic aspects of our security roadmap.
- Help maintain the products’ threat model, security properties, and trust model, alongside your peers on the security team.
- Help validate the security properties and trust model of the released products, alongside your peers on the security team.
- Help drive and manage vulnerability processes and third party cryptography audits
- Develop and collaborates around security concerns.
- Apply functional programming, and formal specifications and verification.
- Help review the platform and its integrations security
- Help capture client cryptographical requirements
- Coach and educate engineers on cryptography
- Java and Scala for backend development, Haskell and Isabelle/HOL for DSL tools and formal methods.
- Agile/Scrum and modern software engineering practices (SBE / TDD / CI / CD etc)
- Cloud services, containers for rapid deployment
- Hands on experience in applied cryptography, cryptographic protocols, and security models
- Servant-leader mentality, you drive our cryptography by design, code, theory, and collaboration
- Experienced professional, you help define and drive the cryptography vision, as well as help build and validate sound cryptographic foundations
- You apply cryptography engineering practice to deliver production quality software to be used by the largest financial institutions in the world
- Strong coder. Regardless of which language you use or how you learned it, we’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code
- You enjoy collaboration with others
- Analytical, structured, tactical, you are an engineer that thinks before acting